Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Extended Spring Break Resources

Hello Third Grade Families,
I hope this post finds you healthy as we experience this extended spring break. 

The District will be giving updates through this website as time goes on: https://www.adams12.org/health-services/community-letters-resources

On Friday, your child should have come home with a "Learning Activities for No School Days" flyer. If you would like to access a digital version of the flyer, your child can log in to our Google Classroom by clicking on this link and then finding "Classroom" in the list of apps on the right side of the screen. 

The District has also published a list of learning resources here

As a parent of elementary-aged kids myself, I found this article written by Social Worker Liz Faria to be very helpful. She talks a lot about the importance of routine and predictability for kiddos. 

After seeing various COVID-19 Daily Schedules on social media, I decided to come up with one that would fit the needs of our family. Today was our first day with the schedule. My girls were very excited to see the schedule and our day has gone fairly smoothly as we've used it to guide our day. 


Our schedule is up where we can all see it, and the girls have enjoyed referring to it often to see what's coming next. I'm hoping that it will help keep us running smoothly and enjoying each other's company in the coming days. 

Your third graders are used to having a reliable schedule in the classroom, and I know that several of them really pay close attention to it because they let me know the minute we've gone overtime! 😜

If you've been thinking about coming up with a schedule and you'd find it helpful to have an outline, feel free to click here to access the document with our schedule. You can make a copy of the document and change it to fit your needs. (Click "File" and "Make a copy")

I did have to make it very clear to my kids that this is a FLEXIBLE schedule and that the times may not always be exact and things may come up that make it so we need to switch things around. But it's helpful to have a general idea of what the day will look like. 

I will be checking my school email throughout this extended break, so please feel free to reach out with any questions!

Thanks,
Abbey
abbey.c.palte@adams12.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Night of the Notables Through Zoom

Hello Parents and Guardians! I'm really enjoying looking through the Night of the Notables slideshow presentations in our Google class...